Security in hospitals and forensic facilities
marzo 18, 2020
Theft is an ongoing issue in hospitals and forensic institutions. This applies to pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, and increasingly in the current crisis situation, to anti-infection items or protective equipment such as safety masks (see "Der Spiegel" of 16.3.2020 https://bit.ly/33pBHSm).
The Corona crisis and the additional workload associated with it in everyday hospital life will exacerbate this situation. A video solution developed by Geutebrück specifically for use in hospitals and forensic facilities provides support for monitoring specific zones such as laboratories or baby units. Geutebrück, in combination with other solutions, supports building management in times of overload, e.g. by providing the option of connecting access control systems or facial recognition solutions. In situations of escalation and evacuation it is even possible to control buildings remotely.
Our intelligent video solution, which is operated in accordance with the strict requirements of the GDPR,
- protects against theft in medicine and storage rooms, operating theatres, intensive care units, server rooms or laboratories
- saves lives, especially in intensive care units or for patients with dementia. As soon as a person falls out of bed or leaves the room, for example, the alarm image is displayed
- monitors maternity wards to prevent abduction
- protects against unauthorized entry, as it can be easily connected to an access control and locking system
- provides fire protection and "sees" where smoke develops
- detects motion in places requiring special protection, e.g. in a pharmaceutical or storage room
- offers integration with facial recognition solutions
- offers integration with remote control of buildings
A video system by Geutebrück has various features to safeguard personal rights and data protection. A pre-defined access rights management regulates who is allowed to have access to which data and when. Motion Privacy is used to hide pre-defined areas of the image, the video database is tamper-proof.